People always ask us “how come you guys are so adamant about the benefits of eating nuts?”
Before I start let me begin by stating we don’t ONLY sell nuts, we sell oh so many categories of food but for the benefit of the above question, I’m gonna fill you in on some sweet benefits of nuts!!!
WHY YOU SHOULD GO NUTS!
Benefits for your heart!!!
- Unsaturated fats- The ‘good’ fats contained in nuts, the monounsaturated and polyunsaturated kinds are found to lower bad cholesterol levels!!!
- Omega- 3 fatty acids- As a healthy form of fatty acid, omega-3 helps benefit the heart by preventing dangerous heart rhythms that may lead to heart attacks.
- Fibre- Reducing Cholesterol, fibre assists to prevent diabetes.
- L-arganine- Super important in its ability to naturally enhance the health of artery walls, making them more flexible and therefore less prone to blood clots that may block blood flow causing potentially life threatening issues.
Other reasons why you should go NUTS!
Nuts provide an immense amount of essential nutrients for the body including: Vitamin E, Minerals such as calcium, zinc, potassium and magnesium, antioxidant minerals plus many other phytochemical’s such as antioxidant compounds and plant sterols!
Doctors Recommend- A daily serving of 30g of nuts is recommended, however an additional 10g may be substituted in place of other healthy fat foods as well!
Each nut variety contains a specific combination of beneficial nutrients including:
- Almonds: protein, calcium and vitamin E
- Brazil nuts: fibre and selenium: just two brazil nuts a day provides 100% RDI for selenium for an adult
- Cashews: non haem (plant based) iron and a low GI rating
- Chestnuts: low GI, fibre and vitamin C (although much vitamin C is lost during cooking)
- Hazelnuts: fibre, potassium, folate, vitamin E
- Macadamias: highest in monounsaturated fats, thiamin and manganese
- Pecans: fibre and antioxidants
- Pine nuts: vitamin E and the arginine amino acid
- Pistachios: protein, potassium, plant sterols and the antioxidant resveratrol
- Walnuts: alpha linoleic acid: plant omega 3 and antioxidants
It’s obvious to see how beneficial nuts are to your day! SO WHY ARE YOU WAITING!
Join the fun and come get nutty 😉
Time to order some oh so healthy nuts from NSM! Courtesy of your pal Saeed!!!
(03) 9380 8789
Or alternatively, email:
Make sure you keep updated on our blog for more insightful product updates, recipes and blog posts by signing up for our newsletter!
We promise we won’t be annoying!
Saeed From NSM